• Home
  • About
  • Calendar
  • Contact
  • Facebook
  • Online Store

Tuesday, 29 July 2008

Our Last Day in Saskatchewan

Our last day in Saskatchewan started off in Moose Jaw where I was born. Two of the attractions of this medium-sized city are tunnel systems: one reputed to have been used by Al Capone during the prohibition booze-running days (Moose Jaw is not far from the U.S. border) and the other the "Chinese Passage to Fortune" tunnel used by early Chinese immigrants.

Last time we were here, I showed Steve the Al Capone tunnel. This time we looked at the Chinese tunnel.

Here I am taking pics of some pretty flowers...

Checking out the Saskatchewan Parliament Building with my parents.

The Saskatchewan Parliament Building

Our hotel in Regina where I did the live webcam show. Our show was awesome, it had a great look and unusual lighting. Mostly direct sunlight. Very different. If you missed it, you'll be able to check it out when the edited version goes up on the website. Look out for it.

Here I am walking via the Sky Walk from the Delta Hotel. We'd just finished our live webcam show and went to gamble a bit. We won at our first machine, cashed out and ran, tripling our starting amount! :-)

Here I am after winning at my machine! Woo Hoo!

Wednesday morning early we're off to Vancouver for the finale of the annual international fireworks competition on Saturday and Vancouver's Pride Parade on Sunday. If you're there, watch out for me and say "hi" if you see me. Tuesday we're driving up to Whistler, site of the 2010 Winter Olympics, and then on Wednesday morning at 6 a.m. we head back to San Diego. I hope I get up on time - I'm not really a morning person! :)

Cheers,
- Brent

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your win at the slots .. You and Steve are having a blast and a well deserved vacation to you both !! have a safe trip home !!

xoxox Darryl out of Chicago

Anonymous said...

Hi, Brent. Congrats for all your success. Can I know what do your parents say about your job? Did they know from ever?

Thanks :)

Post a Comment

Do you have something to add to my post? Let me and others know how you feel. Post your comment now.